Seasonal Hazards for Dogs (Autumn)
Added on 05 October 2015
Seasonal Hazards - Autumn
Dog owners should be aware of the dangers of conkers and acorns that fall to the ground during the autumn months. Both are quite
poisonous and dogs will play with them, chew them and often eat or swallow them. Conkers can cause vomiting, diarrhoea, salivation, abdominal pain, excessive drinking and anorexia. They can also cause intestinal blockages. Acorns are thought to be tannic acid, which can cause damage to the liver and kidneys. Eating acorns or drinking from puddles where acorns may have sat soaking can cause vomiting, diarrhoea (with or without blood), abdominal pain, inappetance and lethargy. Whilst smaller than conkers they could cause an intestinal blockage in smaller dogs.
Please click on the 'Download' or 'View File' to read article, save or print it