Nearly time for the Lydiard Bark!
We have teamed up with Lydiard Park for the Lydiard Bark Charity Dog Show. The dog show will be family friendly with the emphasis on fun. There will be a variety of classes to suit all breeds, shapes and sizes! There will be entertainment and doggie friendly competitions and stalls. You will be able to meet and talk to people who provide dog related services within the area.
Lydiard Park is the ideal location for this summers day out with it's beautiful grounds and fantastic dog walks. There is also a great children's play area and BBQ & Picnic field. Make a day of it at the inaugural Lydiard Bark!
We have something for everyone with 12 classes open to dogs of all shapes and sizes.
The Lydiard Bark Classes are:
- Best Small Dog (any breed) sponsored by Eastcutt Dog Grooming (prizes for first 3 places)
- Best Medium Dog (any breed) - Sponsored by Lucy Pet Carer (prizes for first 3 places)
- Best Large Dog (any breed) - sponsored by Oscars Pet Food (prizes for first 3 places)
- Best Puppy (6-12 months) - sponsored by Pet Shed (prizes for first 3 places)
- Best Veteran (over 8 years) - sponsored by Swindon Guide Dogs (prizes for 1st 3 places )with an addtional first prize from Pet Personalities
- Best Brace (2 dogs shown together) - sponsored by Royal Canin (prizes for first 3 places)
- Dog With The Waggiest Tail - sponsored by Wagging Tails Swindon - home from home boarding (prizes for first 3 places)
- Best Trick (dog not owner!) - sponsored by Kong Toys (prizes for first 3 places)
- Dog with the most appealing eyes - sponsored by Woofypics Dog Photography (prizes for first 3 places)
- Best Chlld Handler (under 16) - sponsored by Eastcott Vets & Pat Oborn dog trainer (prizes for first 3 places)
- Face only a mother could love (dog not owner!) - sponsored by Barefoot Photography (prizes for first 3 places)
- Best Rescue - sponsored by Nutram Dog Food via AJM Pet Products Ltd (prizes for first 3 places)
Please click HERE to see addtional prizes for sponsored classes
Please do book in early however as there will be a limit on class sizes to enable the safe running of classes and also to enable our judge to spend sufficient time judging each dog fairly.
Pre-booking has now closed, please book in on the day by visiting the Eastcott Vets stall.
- Rosettes will be awarded to 6 places and in addition the winner of each class will receive a Lydiard Bark Brollie!
- All classes now have sponsors and the first 3 in each classes will receive additional prizes. Please see the list of prizes and sponsors by clicking HERE
- Each entry will receive a Lydiard Bark goodie bag
What else is going on?
Come along and have a go at CaniX
Run with your dog over a 100 metre sprint (for free). If you are feeling fit - pay a £1 to enter the competition for the fastest time on the day with the proceeds going to PDSA Charity. It iss great fun and gets you and your dog fit at the same time.
Kennel Cough Explained
with MSD Animal Health
Renata from MSD Animal Health will be giving talks (times to be confirmed) on Kennel Cough. She also be available thoughout the day to answer any questions that you may have on Kennel Cough.
"Come along and get your pet phootgraphed at the Lydiard Bark - all proceeds to charity and a fabulous prize to be won. Hope to see you there".
SNDogs Dog Walk
Join SNDogs at 10.30am for a pre show dog walk. Meeting at the Loo`s. All dogs and children welcome, but please keep them under your control and clean up after them. No charge just give a donation if you can please. Please note this is NOT training and any advice given by anyone is just a personal opinion. Visit their Facebook page for more information.
Come and see Swindon Dancing Dogs and have a go
Swindon Dancing Dogs can be seen in action in the second show ring at 11.30am and 2pm. Come and see them perform and have a go yourself (with your dog of course!)
A selection of really great prizes with all money raised going to the 2 charities. Click HERE to see the prizes on offer
We currently have the following stalls booked for the show. If you would like to attend with a stall, please see our stall booking details HERE. There is plenty of space available.
Kennel Cough explained with Renata from MSD Animal Health
Oscar Pet Foods
Raffaelle's Ice Cream
Swindon Dancing Dogs
more stalls to be added
* class sponsors
Additional prizes offered by class sponsors
- A Face Only A Mother Could Love class sponsored by Barefoot Photography offering a free photo shoot for 1st prize, 50% off for 2nd prize and 25% off for 3rd prize
- Dog with the Waggiest Tail class sponsored by Wagging Tails Swindon home from home dog boarding offering 1st prize 10% off a board with Wagging Tails (minimum 5 days) and a Wagging Tails towel for 2nd and 3rd places
- Best Puppy class sponsored by Pet Shed. Prizes will be:1st Prize: £30 Voucher and free 12/15kg food bag of choice, 2nd Prize: £15 Voucher and Trixie Lead and collar, 3rd Prize: £10 Voucher and Brand New Kong toy
- Best Medium Dog - class sponsored by Lucy Pet Carer with prizes for first 3 places
- Best Small Dog - class sponsored by Eastcutt Dog Groomng with prizes for first 3 places 1st Prize Full Groom, 2nd Prize Bath and Brush, 3rd Prize Grooming Gift Bag
- Dog with the most appealing eyes class sponsored by Woofypics Dog Photography with prizes for first 3 places 1st Prize A4 or 10 X 8 Print in a card mount , 2nd Prize A5 or 7 X 5 Print in a card mount, 3rd Prize A5 or 7 X 5 Print unmounted
- Best Large Dog class sponsored by Oscars Pet Foods, - prizes for 1st 3 places
- Best Trick (dog not owner) class sponsored by Kong Toys. Prizes will be £20 voucher off a Kong toy for 1st 3 places
- Best Veteran (over 8 years) - Sponsored by Swindon Guide Dogs with Goodie Bags for first 3 Prizes with the additional 1st Prize of an A4 Watercolour portait donated by Pet Personalities
- Best Rescue class sponsored by AJM Pet Products Ltd. Prizes will be Ist Prize 6kg Nutram Dog Food, 2nd Prize 3kg Nutram Dog Food and 3rd Prize 100g Nutram Dog Food
- Best Child Handler Class sponsored by Eastcott Vets with addtional prizes from Pat Oborn dog trainer. Prizes - 1st Prize £5 (donated by Pat Oborn), plus sweets, treat bag & dog treats, 2nd prize £5 (donated by Pat Oborn) plus sweets & dog treats, 3rd prize £5 (donated by Pat Oborn) plus sweets & dog treats
- Best Brace class sponsored by Royal Canin Food - 1st Prize 14kg dog food, 2nd prize 6kg dog food, 3rd prize 2kg dog food (all vouchers)
A huge thank you to all class sponsors
There will be a raffle on the day and the list of prizes is growing daily:
- 1st Prize iPad Mini (worth £350)
- 2nd Prize Garmin Sat Nav (woth £200)
- 3rd Prize £150 High Street Vouchers
- 4th Prize £100 Go Outdoors Voucher
- 5th Prize Tablet
- 6th Prize Dog Hamper
- 7th Prize Handmade Chocolate Hamper
- 8th Prize Meal for 2 at Rustico
- 9th Prize Massage Vouchers
- 10th Prize 6 Tickets to the Jolly Roger Play Area
- 11th Prize £30 Dominoes pizza vouchers
- 12th Prize 2 x Wyvern Theatre tickets
- 13th Prize 2 x Cotswold Wildlife Park Tickets
- 14th Prize Family ticket to Steam
- 15th Prize Tickets to Great Western Brick Show (Lego) October 2014
- 16th Prize Family Tickets to Birds of Prey Day at Lydiard Park 2015
- 17th Prize 2 Tickets to Lydiard Outdoor Theatre 2015
- 18th Prize Family ticket to the Lydiard Park Jungle Parc
- 19th Prize Clay Pigeon Shoot for 2 donated by Planet Pursuits
- 20th Prize Ticket to Longleat Safari Park
- 21st Prize £20 Kong Toy Voucher
- 22nd Prize Voucher for a Dog Harness (from Dog Games)
- 23rd Prize 7.5kg James Wellbeloved Food
- 24th Prize £50 off Barkimber Kennels stay
- 25th Prize £25 off Barkimber Kennels stay
- Family Ticket to @Bristol - to be confirmed. More prizes to be confirmed on the day!
There will be more information posted when it becomes available so check in regularly!
There is space for pet traders, pet related businesses, dog trainers, portrait painters, face painters, charities and outdoor suppliers. If you have a pet related business and would like to request a trade pitch please click here to download a form
Corporate Trader Pitch: £75(12ft x 8ft), £100 (24ft x 8ft)
Independent Trader Pitch: £50.00 (6ft), £75.00 (12ft)
Can't make it but want to be involved?
If you can't get to the Lydiard Bark but would like to get your company involved and noticed, you can donate raffle prizes, contents for goodie bags of offer sponsorship for Lydiard Bark merchandise, rosettes or similar. If you would like to get involved but can't make the date, please contact us ...
For more information email Lydiard Bark Team
- Is it too late to enter? No it is not too late, we have spaces in all classes as of lunchtime on Friday. It is too late to pre-book so you will need to book in on the day. Bookings can be taken from 10.30am on Sunday. There is a limit on spaces in each class however so we may fill up quickly. After booking in you will receive your place token, keep this safe, this will be used to identify you and claim your goodie bag
- I have pre-booked, what do I do on the day? - come to our big blue Eastcott stall to check in at 'Pre Bookings' where you will receive your place token keep this safe, this will be used to identify you and claim your goodie bag
- What time should we arrive? We will be setting up from early morn' but we would ask people to keep the show ground clear until at least 10am. Bookings can be taken from 10.30am
- Does my dog have to be a pedigree? Obsolutely not! Dogs of all shapes and sizes are welcome, it is a fun show
- I have never shown my dog before, what do I have to do? Just enter the show ring for your class and the judge will guide you. Have fun and show off a little, your dog will do the rest!
- Can children show a dog in classes that are not 'Best Child Handler'? Yes they can but they must be able to control the dog. We would not like to see anyone get hurt. If the ring steward feels that a child is too young, they will tell you before you enter the ring
- Can I enter more than one class? Of course, if there are spaces and your dog qualifies for a class, enter as many as you like
- Can I go off for a walk, check out the trade stalls and take the children to play area while I am waiting for a class? Yes, but listen out to the PA for announcements. We will put up a rough running order but timings will not be exact
- What is a 'Brace' for the 'Best Brace' class? A brace is 2 dogs shown at once (you take use a friend's dog!)
- How old to puppies have to be for the puppy class? Puppies shoud be 6-12 months of age
- How old do dogs have to be for Best Veteran? Dogs should be over 8 years old
- How old should children be for Best Child Handler? Children should be under 16 years of age
- Will there be water available? Yes
- What if my dog has 'an accident' in the ring? There are poo bags available for any mishaps! Please also clean up after your dog within the showground and park
- Will there be food available for the humans? Yes
- Is there anything for the children to do between classes? It's Lydiard Park! There is masses to do,. The show ring is right next to the play area!
- Is there anything for the grown ups to do between classes? Yes, lots! Have a go at CaniX or Dancing with Your Dog, there are also trade stands, professionals and like minded dog owners to chat to. Don't forget the raffle! There are some cracking prizes- Click here to view them
- I have won so much I can't carry it all, can I leave it somewhere until I go home? Of course, visit the Eastcott Vets stand and we can put your prizes aside for you!
Don't forget to look out for Tracey on the Eastcutt Grooming stand, she will have brushes and combs that you can borrow for last minute primping!
|10.25am||Announcement for bookings opening|
|11am||Best Small Dog|
|11.30am||Best Medium Dog|
|11.50am||Best Large Dog|
|12 noon||Swindon Dancing Dogs Display|
|1.30pm||Dog with waggiest tail|
|2.30pm||Dog with the most appealing eyes|
|2.30pm||Swindon Dancing Dogs Display|
|2.50pm||Best Child Handler|
|2.30pm||Face only a mother could love|
|3.30pm||Prize for CaniX competition (to be confirmed)|
CaniX will be running a competition throughout the day where you can try your hand at running with your dog for the best time, plus you can try your hand at doggy dancing with Swindon Dancing Dogs. You can also meet and talk to the Eastcott Vets team throughout the day or talk to Renata from MSD Animal Health, she can answer your questions on Kennel Cough and other pet related issues.
If you have further questions, we will be monitoring our Facebook page so you can post them there right up until Saturday night