Repeat Prescription Policy
If a vet has authorised your pet to receive a Repeat Prescription then you can order using our online form, or by using the forms available at reception at one of our clinics. 2 full working weekdays are required for the prescription to be filled (i.e. orders placed on Friday may not be available until the following Tuesday afternoon). These timescales are dependent on stock availability and delivery.
(As of 1st April 2016, we will be unable to process phone requests for Repeat Prescriptions).
Our policy is to regularly re-assess pets requiring repeat prescriptions in line with current dispensing legislation. The frequency of this reassessment will vary according to individual circumstances.
The standard charge for a prescription re-examination is £26.88
Examples of maximum examination intervals are as follows:
- Arthritis – 6 months – (blood test may be required at vet's discretion)
- Heart Medication – 3 months
- Anti Parasitics – (prescription flea and worm products) – 1 year
- Ear Medication – Rarely available as Repeat Prescriptions
- Insulin – Minimum 3 months – depending on how stable the patient is.
- Anti-epileptic - 6 months (blood tests may be required regularly)
- Skin Disease – at least every 3 months
- Hyperthyroid Medication – Every 6 months – (blood samples may be required)
- Cushings Syndrome (Vetoryl)– Every 3 months
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to Contact Us