Our ‘Green Group’ Environmental Policy for Sustainability
Eastcott Veterinary Hospital acknowledge that all businesses impact on the environment in a variety of ways
As such, are committed to the continual improvement of our environmental performance in relation to our services and operations.
Eastcott are proud to be working towards their Bronze accreditation from Investors in the Environment (iiE).
We have identified the following key environmental aspects that contribute to our environmental and carbon footprint:
- Consumption of electricity, gas and water
- Use of paper
- Use of anaesthetic gases
- Waste generation
- Transport emissions
- Use of raw materials, including prescribed drugs and medicines
- Procured goods and services with their own environmental impact
Our Green Team are committed to working with our staff, customers, referring practices, suppliers, investors, contractors, regulatory bodies, Associates, and neighbours to achieve the following objectives:
- Commitment to net-zero carbon emissions target by 2040 in alignment with Mars and Linnaeus sustainability policies
- Compliance with all applicable environmental regulations and client expectations
- Monitor our key resource usage and implement conservation techniques
- Implement a waste/recycling policy and sustainable procurement policy
- Minimise unsustainable transport use
- Take part in a One Health sustainability project with our team
- Work with suppliers to ensure they acknowledge and decrease the environmental impact of their products and transportation
- Publish and distribute an annual sustainability report
The introduction and implementation of this policy is a commitment of Eastcott management and a shared responsibility with our Associates. Eastcott’s Green Team has designated responsibility to day-to-day implementation of this policy.
The policy will be reviewed annually as part of the organisations overall environment management planned.
Signed: Duncan Barnes
Position: Clinical Director
Date: 23rd August 2020
Contact details for sustainability enquiries: Ellie West, Clinical Veterinary Anaesthetist email@example.com