EMS, Work Experience and Volunteering Information
We do accept certain students wishing to follow a career with animals for work experience. We are overwhelmed with request and there are some rules in place not only to give everyone a fair chance but also to take into account the veterinary environment and Health and Safety. Please read on to see our work experience requirements.
Sadly we are unable to accept volunteer helpers because of the high levels of supervision that would be required. If you are interested in a volunteer job with animals in Swindon you could try looking for Swindon based animal charities or rescue homes.
Work Experience Requirements for Eastcott Vets
Please read the details below to check that you qualify and check availability below before contacting us regarding work experience. It is advised that you enquire a minimum of 2 months before you require the placement. Only applications submitted using the forms below will be considered.
We have a large number of requests for work experience placement. We can currently only consider work experience requests from:
- Students studying relevant animal care courses at Lackham College
- AS Level and A Level Students applying for Veterinary Medicine, Veterinary Sciences and Veterinary Nursing
- University students studying Veterinary Nursing
- University students studying Veterinary Medicine for EMS placements or Veterinary Sciences
- Work experience request must be submitted via one of the downloadable forms below which can be emailed or posted. We do not accept request via email without the form or by phone.
Priority will be given to EMS Students studying Veterinary Medicine
- We cannot accept students under 16 years of age
- Work experience is at our Edison Park Clinic & Hospital only
- We cannot accept students at weekends, Bank Holidays or over Christmas and New Year unless it is part of a 2 week EMS placement for Veterinary Medicine students
- Applications must be made via the Work Experience Request Forms below. Please do not submit requests by email (without the form) or by phone
- We can only accept one student at a time
Current Work Experience Availability
Unavailable dates 2019 and 2020. The dates below have been booked:
9th Sept - 13th Sept 2019, 21st October - 25th October 2019, 28th October - 8th November 2019, 6th - 10th Jan 2020, 27th Jan - 31st Jan 2020, 16th March - 27th March 2020, 15th June - 26th June 2020 and 6th July - 17th July 2020
Once completed please email to Nikki Davis
or Post to:
Eastcott Vets Clinic & Hospital
Swindon SN3 3FR