View Current Vacancies
Registered Veterinary Nurse (RVN)
Due to an exciting period of expansion, we seek highly motivated, caring and experienced first opinion RVN to join our nursing team on a full time basis.
We are a forward thinking, progressive and supportive hospital, who place emphasis on investing in the training .and development of our team. As a result, there is much opportunity to progress your career with us and follow your professional interests.
Our friendly, hardworking team offer the highest standard of patient care. Salary and benefits are dependent on experience. Please email a covering letter and CV to our Nursing Manager, Clare Sparling
Closing date 26th July 2019 Please don’t wait to get your application in as we may close applications early if the right candidate is found.
Animal Nursing Assistant
We are looking for an Animal Nursing Assistant to join our caring, friendly and highly valued team.
Committed to supporting and developing our staff this is a fantastic opportunity to start your career in Veterinary Nursing. If you have 5 GCSE’s grades A*-C in Maths, English and Science please e-mail your CV and a covering letter to our Nursing Manager Clare Sparling
Closing date 19th July 2019. Please don’t wait to get your application in as we may close applications early if the right candidate is found.
Receptionist Part Time Maternity Cover
This part-time position is primarily based at our Edison Park Clinic and Hospital of Dorcan Way in Swindon. It is a highly rewarding role that involves close contact with clients and their pets. We are looking for candidates that can start as soon as possible but will also consider strong candidates who need to work out a longer notice period.
There is a 2 week rolling rota with the following hours:
Week 1: 3pm - 7.30pm = 22.50 hours
Week 2: 3pm - 8.30pm = 27.50 hours
£8.44 per hour
Skills and Competencies
- Experience working with the public in person and by telephone
- A passion for working with the public
- Ability to multitask
- Good telephone manner
- The ability to communicate well with clients and colleagues
- PC literate with Excel and Word
- Negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Sound literacy and numeracy skills
- Able to adapt and quickly use in-house computer applications and software (Robovet system - training will be provided
- A reliable and responsible team player who contributes fully to the Practice vision and strategy
- Flexible and adaptable
- Strong personal resilience
- Confidence and sensitivity
- Motivated by targets and deadlines
- Communicates clearly and effectively with wide range of; customers, colleagues, suppliers and 3rd party agencies
- Resourceful and a problem solver
- Able to work independently or within the team
- Ability to prioritise and multitask
Minimum requirement of English Language and Maths minimum of A* - C GCSEs or equivalent
There will be occasions when there may be a need to travel to a branch surgery and for this reason we are looking for candidates with a full, valid UK driving licence.
Please apply to Rachel Gowshall including a cover letter detailing why you would like to work specifically for Eastcott Vets and what you feel makes you a strong candidate. .